The Allman Brothers Band / Trouble No More: 50th Anniversary Collection

10LP or 5CD career-spanning box sets available

Universal Music will release a 50th anniversary Allman Brothers Band box set in February. Trouble No More – named after the Muddy Waters song the band first jammed to – will be available as a five-CD package or an extravagant 10LP box set.

The boxset was produced by Allman Brothers historians and aficionados Bill Levenson, John Lynskey and Kirk West and both CD and vinyl sets take a thematic overview of the various stages of the band’s recording and performance history (full track listings below).

The 10LP vinyl box is incredibly expensive, but does package the five gatefold vinyl sets in a “wood veneer wrapped slipcase with gold graphics” and it includes an 56-page large format book.

The five-CD version includes an 88-page booklet and comes as a 12-panel ‘softpack’ with a slipcase. Both formats contain an 8,900 word essay on the 50-year history of the band by John Lynskey, unreleased band photos along with newly shot photos of memorabilia and a recap of the 13 incarnations of the band line-up.

Trouble No More: 50th Anniversary Collection is released on 28 February 2020.

The Allman Brothers Band

TROUBLE NO MORE 50TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION - 5CD set

The Allman Brothers Band

TROUBLE NO MORE 50TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION - 10LP box set

The Allman Brothers Band / Trouble No More 5CD box set

The Allman Brothers Band / Trouble No More 5CD box set

The Capricorn Years 1969 – 1979 Part I / CD1

1.  Trouble No More (Demo)*
2.  Don’t Want You No More
3.  It’ Not My Cross To Bear
4.  Dreams
5.  Whipping Post
6.  I’m Gonna Move To The Outskirts Of Town (Live at Ludlow Garage)
7.  Midnight Rider
8.  Revival
9.  Don’t Keep Me Wonderin’
10. Hoochie Coochie Man
11. Please Call Home
12. Statesboro Blues (Live at Fillmore East)
13. Stormy Monday (Live at Fillmore East)
14. In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed (Live at Fillmore East)

The Capricorn Years 1969 – 1979 Part II / CD2

1.  One Way Out (Live at Fillmore East)
2.  You Don’t Love Me / Soul Serenade (Live at A&R Studios)
3.  Hot ‘Lanta (Live at A&R Studios)
4.  Stand Back
5.  Melissa
6.  Blue Sky
7.  Ain’t Wastin’ Time No More (Live at Mar y Sol)
8.  Wasted Words
9.  Ramblin’ Man
10. Southbound
11. Jessica
12. Early Morning Blues (Outtake)

The Capricorn Years 1969 – 1979 Part III / The Arista Years 1980 – 1981 / CD3

1.  Come And Go Blues (Live at Watkins Glen)
2.  Mountain Jam (Live at Watkins Glen)*
3.  Can’t Lose What You Never Had
4.  Win, Lose Or Draw
5.  High Falls
6.  Crazy Love
7.  Can’t Take It With You
8.  Pegasus
9.  Just Ain’t Easy (Live at Merriweather Post Pavilion)
10. Hell & High Water
11. Angeline
12. Leavin’
13. Never Knew How Much (I Needed You)

The Epic Years 1990 – 2000 / CD4

1.  Good Clean Fun
2.  Seven Turns
3.  Gambler’s Roll
4.  End Of The Line
5.  Nobody Knows
6.  Low Down Dirty Mean (Live at the Beacon Theatre)
7.  Come On Into My Kitchen (Live in LA)
8.  Sailin’ ‘Cross The Devil’s Sea
9.  Back Where It All Begins
10. Soulshine
11. No One To Run With
12. I’m Not Crying (Live at the Beacon Theatre)*

The Peach Years 2000 – 2014 / CD5

1.  Loan Me A Dime (Live at World Music Theatre)*
2.  Desdemona (Live at the Beacon Theatre)*
3.  High Cost Of Low Living
4.  Old Before My Time
5.  Blue Sky (Live at the Beacon Theatre)*
6.  Little Martha (Live at the Beacon Theatre)*
7.  Black Hearted Woman (Live at the Beacon Theatre)
8.  The Sky Is Crying (Live at the Beacon Theatre)
9.  “Farewell” speeches (Live at the Beacon Theatre)
10. Trouble No More (Live at the Beacon Theatre)

* Previously unreleased

The Allman Brothers Band / Trouble No More 10LP vinyl box set

LP 1 :: The Capricorn Years 1969 – 1979 Part I

1.  Trouble No More (Demo)* (Side A)
2.  Don’t Want You No More (Side A)
3.  It’ Not My Cross To Bear (Side A)
4.  Dreams (Side A)
5.  Whipping Post (Side B)
6.  I’m Gonna Move To The Outskirts Of Town (Live at Ludlow Garage) (Side B)
7.  Midnight Rider (Side B)
8.  Revival (Side B)

LP 2 :: The Capricorn Years 1969 – 1979 Part I

1.  Don’t Keep Me Wonderin’ (Side A)
2.  Hoochie Coochie Man (Side A)
3.  Please Call Home (Side A)
4.  Statesboro Blues (Live at Fillmore East) (Side A)
5.  Stormy Monday (Live at Fillmore East) (Side B)
6.  In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed (Live at Fillmore East) (Side B)

LP 3 :: The Capricorn Years 1969 – 1979 Part II

1.  One Way Out (Live at Fillmore East) (Side A)
2.  You Don’t Love Me / Soul Serenade (Live at A&R Studios) (Side A)
3.  Hot ‘Lanta (Live at A&R Studios) (Side B)
4.  Stand Back (Side B)
5.  Melissa (Side B)
6.  Blue Sky (Side B)

LP 4 :: The Capricorn Years 1969 – 1979 Part II

1.  Ain’t Wastin’ Time No More (Live at Mar y Sol) (Side A)
2.  Wasted Words (Side A)
3.  Ramblin’ Man (Side A)
4.  Southbound (Side A)
5.  Jessica (Side B)
6.  Early Morning Blues (Outtake) (Side B)

LP 5 :: The Capricorn Years 1969 – 1979 Part III / The Arista Years 1980 – 1981

1.  Come And Go Blues (Live at Watkins Glen) (Side A)
2.  Mountain Jam (Live at Watkins Glen)* (Side A)
3.  Can’t Lose What You Never Had (Side A)
4.  Win, Lose Or Draw (Side B)
5.  High Falls (Side B)

LP 6 :: The Capricorn Years 1969 – 1979 Part III / The Arista Years 1980 – 1981

1.  Crazy Love (Side A)
2.  Can’t Take It With You (Side A)
3.  Pegasus (Side A)
4.  Just Ain’t Easy (Live at Merriweather Post Pavilion) (Side B)
5.  Hell & High Water (Side B)
6.  Angeline (Side B)
7.  Leavin’ (Side B)
8.  Never Knew How Much (I Needed You) (Side B)

LP 7 :: The Epic Years 1990 – 2000

1.  Good Clean Fun (Side A)
2.  Seven Turns (Side A)
3.  Gamblers Roll (Side A)
4.  End Of The Line (Side A)
5.  Nobody Knows (Side B)
6.  Low Down Dirty Mean (Live at the Beacon Theatre) (Side B)

LP 8 :: The Epic Years 1990 – 2000

1.  Come On Into My Kitchen (Live at Radio & Records Convention) (Side A)
2.  Sailin’ ‘Cross The Devil’s Sea (Side A)
3.  Back Where It All Begins (Side A)
4.  Soulshine (Side B)
5.  No One To Run With (Side B)
6.  I’m Not Crying (Live at the Beacon Theatre)* (Side B)

LP 9 :: The Peach Years 2000 – 2014

1.  Loan Me A Dime (Live at the New World Music Theatre)* (Side A)
2.  Desdemona (Live at the Beacon Theatre)* (Side A)
3.  High Cost Of Low Living (Side B)
4.  Old Before My Time (Side B)

LP 10 :: The Peach Years 2000 – 2014

1.  Blue Sky (Live at the Beacon Theatre)* (Side A)
2.  Little Martha (Live at the Beacon Theatre)* (Side A)
3.  Black Hearted Woman (Live at the Beacon Theatre) (Side A)
4.  The Sky Is Crying (Live at the Beacon Theatre) (Side B)
5.  “Farewell” speeches (Live at the Beacon Theatre) (Side B)
6.  Trouble No More (Live at the Beacon Theatre) (Side B)

38 responses to The Allman Brothers Band / Trouble No More: 50th Anniversary Collection

1. Kevin says:

As an ABB fan of about 45 years, I have everything they’ve ever released so this is of no value to me. It is, however, an important release for someone who is looking to start exploring the vast body of work many of us know so well. I’m hoping they will also celebrate the 50th anniversary with something suited to the long time devotees like myself…last year’s Fillmore West set was delightful and they can keep putting out stuff like that as long as I’m alive. Also, a big fat box from the Wipe The Windows era would be great too!!

2. Nick says:

Totally Overpriced ! The Problem is if people buy these overpriced items – they will continue to overcharge and overcharge…..

This 10 LP Box Set would cost a fraction of the price to make!

Reads’ wood veneer wrapped slipcase with gold graphics’ …. So Basically it’s going to be a …. Cheap Cardboard Box Covered in Plastic….

They should be ashamed Charging these ridiculous prices – it won’t sell for that!…. Just wait for it to go way under £150.00 and buy it then maybe…..

3. Pingback:Saturday Deluxe: 18 January 2020 | superdeluxeedition

4. H says:

As someone who I’m sorry to say has very little knowledge of ABB ( goes about as far as Eat A Peach ) is this a good retrospective ?

• Peter says:

Yes, this, Eat a Peach (for studio versions of Little Martha and Ain’t Wastin’ Time No More) and One Way Out (their best live album, arguably, in terms of musicianship, and a great latter day representation of the band) would be a great way to start your ABB collection

5. Dean says:

Trouble No More? Trouble No More? It’s lucky Bob Dylan didn’t release a box set called Trouble No More, otherwise there could be confusion. DoH!

• AndyB says:

Hi Dean.

See my comment below. I don’t think that people who want this box are really going to be confused by Dylan’s release.

6. bruce kelso says:

why wasn’t there a 50th anniversary edition of the s/t first lp.? this release is useless.

7. J says:

So this morning at Amazon prime the cd is $51.29 & that is a bit much for a few unreleased songs but a great value for someone who does not have any ABB. I wish they would release more live shows from the Wipe the Windows & the Enlightened Rouges tours as both were really excellent. I saw 5 shows from the WTW tour and 7 shows from Rogues tour and not a clunker in the bunch. Very strong comeback after the passing of 2 core members
    J

8. Bruno says:

I think that Universal were upset that Pink Floyd the later years would win the worst value box set award 2 years in a row. Let’s see if Gene Simmons can better these 2 antidotes for having more money than sense.

9. Charles Christopher says:

Zoiks! I could buy the Allman Brothers’ entire catalogue and attend a couple of concerts (and actually have!) for less than what that LP set costs! I don’t usually comment on the prices, but this is whole new levels of cash extraction. Please, Bryan Ferry and Paul McCartney, etc, do not take note of this.

10. Giovanni E says:

I don’t like much the packaging: would have preferred some pictures of the band on the album covers.

11. Marc says:

I’m not certain there is enough material here that I do not already have to justify the price. Please re-release the Skydog – Duane Allman anthology box!

12. David Bly says:

Granted, the LP box is 10 LPs with a 56-page book in a “wood veneer wrapped slipcase with gold graphics”, but nearly $500 US?
    I guess these days, the mega-bands and mega-companies all just love overcharging for these box sets, especially with “legacy” artists, cause they know they can get away with it.

In 2017, the great band Deerhoof released a limited numbered edition set of 5 LPs – 4 only available in this set, all on coloured vinyl, in an custom-made ACTUAL WOODEN BOX.
    I haven’t seen Deerhoof since the box came out, but when they come again to my town (they’ve been here 5 times and I was at every show), I intend to ask them to carve their initials on the box (I’m sure they’ll do it).

For those who want to this set, here’s a link to the page, still up even though it’s been long sold out. It’s a great item, just in the physical sense alone…

• Gary says:

In these carbon footprint reducing days it’s good to see proper funeral packaging making a comeback (particularly with the black vinyl pairing) and at £449 for the peachy coloured edition it’s a no-brainer. Perhaps some gold handles on the side would not only make carrying easier but also compliment the gold lettering….

13. Tom says:

I love the ABB and was fortunate to see them while Duane was alive. (Yeah,I’m old). I’ve been a fan for many years and was stoked when I saw a new compilation was coming,that is until I saw the track list. I have a sizeable collection of ABB CD’s and already own most of this. Gimme’ more unreleased material! I am underwhelmed with this release,it’s just not that interesting.

14. Bruce Padgett says:

Geez, where are the marbles and scarves?

15. Nancy Geggerson says:

My question is when are they finally going to make available again the great mid-70’s live record “Wipe the Windows, Check the Oil, Dollar Gas”??? It has been out of print for years and it costs big time bucks to get used. It’s a very special Allman Bros. live record because it features a lot of songs that aren’t on the other live records. What is the deal with this?? I had heard a rumor they were going to re-release it with bonus tracks.

16. Steph says:

Interesting… But I’m waiting for the rest of the audio blu-ray, Idlewildsouth & the Fillmore are greats!
    Is anybody knows about it?

17. David Regan says:

Not available yet on Amazon UK

18. Guy says:

There is a limited edition 10LP coloured vinyl set available from The Sound Of Vinyl (still ridiculously expensive @£450 so not worth it).

The orange/red design supposed to look like the inside of a peach, however it would have been better to have picture discs showing an empty bank account or a buyer with the word ‘mug’ stamped on their foreheads!

19. Michael says:

Fortunately the CDs will keep me happy. I received an email from Universal yesterday regarding this and was shocked by the vinyl prices (even with the packaging). They were somewhat higher than the links shown here. £444 for black, and £450 for coloured vinyl with postage to add. It with be really interesting to see if this is still available in a few months and if so at what price.

20. Nick Love says:

The box sets in the late 80’s early 90’s seemed to really be the pinnacle of hits plus rarities in a career defining way and with all the great sets from that era (Afterglow, Crossroads, Storyteller, Message in a Box, Good Vibrations, 30 Years or Maximum R&B, Playback) ABB’s Dreams box may have been one of the best. Yes this one adds their 90’s and beyond material but seems to pale in comparison otherwise.

• AndyB says:

Nick, you are right on the mark. The “Dreams” box is what got me into the ABB in the first place. The new box seems a bit superfluous for those of us with large collections. I’m not spending the cash for 7 (!) unreleased songs. But I would spend for a box of all unreleased/alternate songs.

• joeconn says:

Yes, the ‘Dreams’ box is fantastic! Picked that up when it was new, not having any of their other albums (still don’t), loved it. That was a must have for many 1990’s road trips for me.

21. Aaron says:

isn’t that also the name of a Dylan Bootleg series?

• AndyB says:

Yes. I can’t figure out why Dylan named his box set this, but he does have a song named “Trouble” from that era. “Trouble No More” is named for the song by Muddy Waters which ABB famously covered. Could be that the Dylan box is referencing the same song as a twist on the song title, “Trouble,” but I’m just speculating. Regardless, the ABB is more closely associated with the song.

22. Alan says:

The cds at around £30 would be great but I hope Amazon UK at least duplicates the French price.

23. oskar says:

Ordered!! Thanks Paul!

24. Nik Yeomans says:

And for four hundred and fifty of your English pounds you can have a red and orange splatter version of the vinyl set from the Universal store.

25. David B says:

Thanks Paul .. looks like an excellent set .. but can’t see why the vinyl version is so expensive .. at £37/38 per album that’s way too high a price .. i expected £17/18 per album .. let’s see if the price reduces ..

• Julian Hancock says:

That values the book and slipcase at around £230 ! Can only assume they have been hand illuminated by a crack team of monks.