The Psychedelic Furs / Made of Rain exclusive signed CD

Pyschedelic Furs / Made of Rain signed CD

Signed by Richard and Tim Butler • Only £9.99!

The Psychedelic Furs will soon return with Made of Rain, their first studio album in almost 30 years, and you can now secure an exclusive signed CD edition.

The 12-track album was produced by Richard Fortus, and mixed by Tim Palmer. It was originally scheduled for a May release before events happened. It features Don’t Believe, which you can preview below.

While the band’s official store offers various bundles and signed vinyl, this newly available SIGNED CD is exclusive to Amazon UK, and is a snip at just £9.99. If you are wondering, it’s the front of the CD booklet that will be signed, by original members Richard and Tim Butler.

Made of Rain is released on 31 July 2020. The anticipated Royal Albert Hall show has moved back to April 2021.

The Psychedelic Furs

9. Tiny Hands
10. Hide The Medicine
11. Turn Your Back on Me
12. Stars

24 responses to The Psychedelic Furs / Made of Rain exclusive signed CD

1. Wayne K says:

Had a chance to see them play with Robyn Hitchcock in San Francisco and they played a couple of these songs. They fit in well particularly with their earlier sound. Too bad we hwve to wait for the signed one to be ordered in the U.S.

2. Tom Walsh says:

Paul, what are these “events” you speak of? Have I missed something?!

3. Paul Higgins says:

I worked at Electric Lady as an assistant engineer for a few days in the late 90s … I was in my late 20s … we got hungry and called for the runner/gopher to go get us some food … the runner/gopher was Tim Butler!! I was like wtf are you doing here man? Said he was learning the studio from the inside out … a sweet humble guy.

4. David Harold says:

Cancelled the UK vinyl, ordered the Signed CD and the Spanish Vinyl and price works out more or less the same!!

5. negative1 says:

I’ve heard the entire album on streaming. It’s a very good return to form.
    Lots of great classic Furs sounds, sax, horns, and great guitar work and drums.

It’s not their best album, but it’s very good.

Fans will not be disappointed.

Hope you all enjoy it when its released.

later

6. David says:

Simply repeating what already has been said, but Canadians are out of luck as well… I just tried… no can do.

7. AZ Will says:

Too bad they won’t ship the signed CD to the U.S.

8. Cindy says:

I originally didn’t order from the band website because they didn’t have a signed CD. Now I can’t order it because they won’t ship it to the US. Oh well . . .

9. Harry Dillon says:

I’ve ordered things from Newbury comics in America on loads of occasions and there’s never been any restrictions at their end. It’s the postage costs and the ludicrous customs charge at this end that are the problem, but if you want to pay them then Newbury are great.

10. SimonH says:

Great deal! Previous order cancelled and reordered.
    Thanks Paul.
    I hope the gig does go ahead next year…

11. Paul Thomson says:

Heard the single played on 6 Music and thought it sounded fab. Also saw them play last time they toured and, if anything, they were better than ever. Fingers crossed the album is as good as I hope it will be too, signed copy duly ordered with thanks for the heads up!

12. Michael G says:

Ordered best news this year for a new release.
    Thanks Paul

13. David Bly says:

And Amazon.uk did it again!
    First I couldn’t get the first Toyah box, and then the second, and by the time they ‘realxed’ the restrictions on the US, all the copies of The Hotrats’ aurograohed albunes were gone, and then there were some I didn’t want, and now the restrictions AGAIN???

Well, I’ve gotten some signed things from some US stores coming that Amazon can’t screw up like Wye Oak, Lou Barlow, Pretenders (just Chrissie), Norah Jones, Sparks (both Ron and Russell), and some others thing like that – like the Haim new album on CD signed. Gee, didn’t Amazon.uk prevent an LP or CD from them too?

Meanwhile, in other bad news, last night (18th) would’ve been the night that Nick Lowe and Los Straightjackets were supposed to play at a local club (300 capacity). Seen Nick numerous times over the years, talked with him and gotten things autographed. Seen Los Straitjackets three times before, talked with them and gotten autographs also.
    But never seen them live together (seen videos).

And now Amazon.uk had to just makes things bloody fecking worse AGAIN!

Newbury Comics often has signed things or limited editions I have no way of getting from the UK. Not every retailer is going to ship everywhere, frustrating though that may be.

• mike says:

I agree Paul, I was utterly gutted that Duran only put the signed copies through Newbury in the US, despite the UK being their home market. Its comme ci, comme ca..

• Markus says:

Paul, thanks for mentioning Newbury Comics, never heard of them before. But because of reading about them in your comment, I checked their site and found a couple of signed CDs. Before I ordered only from amazon.uk and artist shops … always happy to get such tips.

14. José Ramón says:

Rob, just ordered to Spain without a problem.

• Rob C says:

Lucky…i’ve got addresses in both Australia and US and no luck. I wish they’d offer signed copies from their band shop.

Used to be able to order from Amazon UK but no more…maybe the rumoured Free Trade Deal with I’d will change this.

15. Garry says:

Cheers Paul! Ordered!

16. Gideon says:

Bargain vinyl price on he Spanish Amazon!

17. Rob C says:

So really this can only be shipped to the UK? Tried Australia & US but no go.

• GentleRabbit says:

These exclusive signed editions from AmazonUK can be very frustrating, with Amazon’s continued insistence on denying Australian customers access to products shipped from anywhere but the US store. Rather unfair. If desperate, though, you can always keep an eye on eBay or even look into mail forwarding services. Good luck!

• Mick Edge says:

It’s not unfair; the name Amazon “UK” should give the game away. UK residents can’t for example order anything from the Australian Amazon store…