The Waterboys / Good Luck, Seeker

The Waterboys / Good Luck, Seeker

New studio album • 2CD deluxe • coloured vinyl • signed editions

The Waterboys will release a new album, Good Luck, Seeker in August.

This will be the band’s 14th studio album and comes hot on the heels of last year’s Where The Action Is.

The strident (and rather good) ‘My Wanderings In The Weary Land’ is the first taste of the new record – listen below.

The album is available across a number of formats, including a two-CD deluxe edition which offers a bonus disc of alternative versions of songs on the album. You can order this from the official store with a signed A4 lyric sheet. A coloured splatter vinyl edition is also available, and this comes with a signed art print of the album cover (again, from the official store).

There are the usual bundles available and also some signed test pressings (limited to 50 copies).

Good Luck, Seeker is released on 21 August via Cooking Vinyl.

The Waterboys

Good Luck, Seeker - 2CD deluxe edition

The Waterboys

Good Luck, Seeker - vinyl LP

The Waterboys

Good Luck, Seeker - single CD edition

The official store offers coloured splatter vinyl with signed art print

Good Luck, Seeker Vinyl LP

Side A

1. The Soul Singer
2. (You’ve Got To) Kiss A Frog Or Two
3. Low Down In The Broom
4. Dennis Hopper
5. Freak Street
6. Sticky Fingers
7. Why Should I Love You?

Side B

1. The Soul Singer
2. (You’ve Got To) Kiss A Frog Or Two
3. Low Down In The Broom
4. Dennis Hopper
5. Freak Street
6. Sticky Fingers
7. Why Should I Love You?
8. The Golden Work
9. My Wanderings In The Weary Land
10. Postcard From The Celtic Dreamtime
11. Good Luck, Seeker
12. Beauty In Repetition
13. Everchanging
14. The Land Of Sunset

CD 2 (Alt. Versions)

1. The Soul Singer (inst)
2. (You’ve Got To) Kiss A Frog Or Two (inst)
3. Low Down In The Broom (gtr/vocal)
4. Dennis Hopper (Demo)
5. Why Should I Love You? (inst)
6. My Wanderings In The Weary Land (vocal)
7. Postcard From The Celtic Dreamtime (inst)
8. Beauty In Repetition (inst)
9. The Soul Singer (demo)
10. The Land Of Sunset (inst)

20 responses to The Waterboys / Good Luck, Seeker

1. SimonP says:

I once saw them live, at the Fleadh in Finsbury Park and really enjoyed what I heard, but still to this day have never bought anything by the band. Probably a bit late to start now!

2. Wayne Klein says:

Thanks Paul. Sadly the signed print with the vinyl was gone by the time I logged in so snagged the CD. Hopefully this,is mastered better than the crap mastering the last album received. For some reason Mike prefers masters that have digital clipping and harsh compressionon lately.

3. Mark says:

Going by a very recent tweet from Mike the next album after this one is pretty much finished already also (he was asked about an unreleased song not appearing on this album and replied that he couldn’t fit it in the next album either)

4. noyoucmon says:

Oh my, but Mr. Scott loves those bonus discs. That said, sometimes the alternate versions are cooler than the album versions! Onto the purchase list it goes…

5. Fogarrach says:

Vibrant cover. Gonna imagine Philippa York as the brilliant cyclist. (*worth a quality google)

There is a YouTube video by a patient dance genius. Works with ,why should I love you, creates perfect.

Me and my best friend from kiltality saw waterboys play first ever uk concert at wishaw heathery. (Supporting band Ricky ross’ woza)

6. John Chamberlain says:

Ordered the splatter vinyl & deluxe CD bundle;
    Thought the last album was magnificent after the disappointing “Out of All This Blue” (which followed the very strong “Modern Blues”);
    The first track sounds wonderful so pretty excited about this one;
    Been a fan for 35 years, Mike is still one of the most exciting musicians out there and he’s on a roll right now.

7. Electric Sydney says:

How does Mike find the time to write songs? He better watch his carpal tunnel, if he’s going to sign all of his product for the duration.

8. The Golden Age Of The Phonograph says:

As a Waterbys fan from before Mike Scott formed them (Another Pretty Face) I was underwhelmed with `Where The Action` is. I bought the LP and Deluxe CD from The Waterboys store. I played the LP once and sold it the next day. I have never played the Deluxe CD, I only kept it to complete my collection.

However I love `My Wanderings…` which does remind me of `Ther Return Of Jimi Hendrix`, I`m also going to play the `A Rock In A Weary Land` album because this new track obviously has a connection.

Mr. Scott my faith is restored.

9. CJ Feeney says:

Flippin’ ‘eck, but that’s a skinny bike

10. Norman Reid says:

Signed vinyl and deluxe CD and signed lyric sheet ordered. Thank you Paul!!

11. Mark Causer says:

Looks like mike’s been busy in lockdown!

12. paul wren says:

Oh yes, quality tip off by Paul about a quality artist/band. Instantly I like the new song, the sleeve artwork and I’ve ordered this on the splatter vinyl. This has made my day!

13. Liam Bastick says:

This reminds me of one of the hidden gems in my vinyl collection, Hymns From a Haunted Ballroom by The Skids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx53flSzdOQ. It wasn’t even a proper B-side! I like that and I like this.

14. Joseph Bartram says:

Always excellent worth seeing live

15. Mark says:

Thanks again and again for your heads up Paul – love the splatter vinyl, looks really cool. Ordered !

16. Richard Seedhouse says:

The last two Waterboys albums were, in my opinion his/there best since Fishermans Blues and the classic Big Music LPs , so I am keen to hear it. However I do wish Mike would use lockdown to go through his “Another Pretty Face” tapes and give us a full anthology of his pre Waterboys (but sounding just as passionate) band.

17. Andrew Greenwood says:

I was going to order the 2 CD version through the band site, but then I discovered the postage for the CD was £4.50 which feels a little like taking the mick

18. Michael Burns says:

Thanks for the heads up. Sounds great, very much in the style of ‘The Return of Jimi Hendrix’…

19. Thanks Paul. Ordered the vinyl and the deluxe cd. Like me some of those waterboys. :-)