Tom Petty / Wildflowers reissue

Seven physical formats for the 1994 album

Warner Records will reissue an expanded version of Tom Petty’s album Wildflowers in October, across many formats.

Dubbed Wildflowers & All The Rest for this campaign, the core offering is the remastered Wildflowers album plus a ten-track bonus album All The Rest. Together this represents all 25 songs from the original recording sessions. Five of the ten songs on All The Rest are previously unreleased. This version of the reissue is available as a 2CD set or a 3LP vinyl package.

The deluxe editions are 4CD and 7LP vinyl respectively. These sets obviously include the content mentioned above but add a Home Recordings/Demos offering (15 intimate demos of the songs) and a Wildflowers Live selection (14 songs played live by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers from 1995 to 2017).

7LP deluxe edition of Wildflowers

If that’s not enough, then special super deluxe editions add an CD or two extra LPs to the deluxe versions. The extra content is ‘Finding Wildflowers’ – 16 alternate versions recorded in the studio.

And if THAT’S not enough there is a ‘Ultra Deluxe Edition‘ (at $500) which is the 9LP set plus what we like to call here at SDE ‘stuff’ – e.g. “Exclusive fabric bag designed and manufactured by Made Worn in Los Angeles, with custom metal Wildflowers closure” and “Wildflowers logo cloth patch” and “Handmade bead necklace, in pouch” and a lot more. The super and ultra deluxe editions are only available via the Tom Petty store.

Wildflowers will be reissued on 16 October 2020.

Tom Petty

10 Cabin Down Below
11 To Find A Friend
12 A Higher Place
13 House In The Woods
14 Crawling Back To You
15 Wake Up Time

CD2: All The Rest (10 tracks 5 unreleased songs)

01 Something Could Happen

10 Cabin Down Below
11 To Find A Friend
12 A Higher Place
13 House In The Woods
14 Crawling Back To You
15 Wake Up Time

CD2: All The Rest (10 tracks 5 unreleased songs)

01 Something Could Happen
02 Leave Virginia Alone
03 Climb That Hill Blues
04 Confusion Wheel
05 California
06 Harry Green
07 Hope You Never
08 Somewhere Under Heaven
09 Climb That Hill
10 Hung Up And Overdue

CD3: Home Recordings (15 tracks – 3 unreleased songs; 12 unreleased versions)

01 There Goes Angela (Dream Away)
02 You Don’t Know How It Feels
03 California
04 A Feeling Of Peace
05 Leave Virginia Alone
06 Crawling Back To You
07 Don’t Fade On Me
08 Confusion Wheel
09 A Higher Place
10 There’s A Break In The Rain (Have Love Will Travel)
11 To Find A Friend
12 Only A Broken Heart
13 Wake Up Time
14 Hung Up And Overdue
15 Wildflowers

CD4: Wildflowers Live (14 tracks – 12 unreleased versions; 2 distributed to Fan Club only)

01 You Don’t Know How It Feels

10 Cabin Down Below
11 To Find A Friend
12 A Higher Place
13 House In The Woods
14 Crawling Back To You
15 Wake Up Time

LP3: All The Rest (10 tracks 5 unreleased songs)

01 Something Could Happen

10 Cabin Down Below
11 To Find A Friend
12 A Higher Place
13 House In The Woods
14 Crawling Back To You
15 Wake Up Time

LP3: All The Rest (10 tracks 5 unreleased songs)

01 Something Could Happen
02 Leave Virginia Alone
03 Climb That Hill Blues
04 Confusion Wheel
05 California
06 Harry Green
07 Hope You Never
08 Somewhere Under Heaven
09 Climb That Hill
10 Hung Up And Overdue

LP4 & LP5: Home Recordings (15 tracks – 3 unreleased songs; 12 unreleased versions)

01 There Goes Angela (Dream Away)
02 You Don’t Know How It Feels
03 California
04 A Feeling Of Peace
05 Leave Virginia Alone
06 Crawling Back To You
07 Don’t Fade On Me
08 Confusion Wheel
09 A Higher Place
10 There’s A Break In The Rain (Have Love Will Travel)
11 To Find A Friend
12 Only A Broken Heart
13 Wake Up Time
14 Hung Up And Overdue
15 Wildflowers

LP6 & LP7: Wildflowers Live (14 tracks – 12 unreleased versions; 2 distributed to Fan Club only)

01 You Don’t Know How It Feels
11 Wake Up Time
12 It’s Good To Be King
13 You Wreck Me
14 Wildflowers

116 responses to Tom Petty / Wildflowers reissue

1. Peter Anderson says:

Paul – do you (or anyone else) know if the book that comes with the 7LP version is expanded version of the notes included in the 4CD version. I have the 4CD and the double page spread shown on the picture of the 7-LP version is not part of the 4CD booklet. Am absolutely loving the 4-CD in particular the live set so thinking of returning my 3LP version and upgrading to the 7LP. Thanks for any info. Peter

2. Alfonso says:

Hello. A question for any European who has ordered the 9 vinyl box from the Warner Store. Have you received it? Customs? I’m from Spain, after weeks of waiting for an European or UK store who sells the superdeluxe box I have ordered in the Warner Store and it’s processing and not dispatching for days, and seeing this is going to delay a lot and possibly will come with high customs I’m starting to regret not to buy the 7 vinyls box and have it already spinning in my turntable. Thanks in advance. Long live Tom and this absolute masterwork.

3. Rob Sweater says:

Amazon UK is selling the 7LP-Box for 163 GBP, which is quite a good price.

4. Arcweld says:

To Rob: I am U.K. based and ordered the 5 disk set from the TP site in the US. I did get hit with customs for £35 but to date have not seen it available in U.K. I would say it’s a beautiful set, while we can debate for ever wether it’s worth the uplift in price from the 4 disk set, i don’t feel disappointed considering the overall package. It is one of my favourite albums so I could be biased….but I have felt let down by other sets that have been cheaper.

• Rob Sweater says:

Thanks for the update. In a comment on FB Adria Petty was happy to see that no taxes were calculated when a European orders from the TP-store. However, as customs are due when the box comes to Europe, I think there is still a pretty high chance to get hid.

• Rob Sweater says:

Another question: what is the size of the books that comes with the 5 CD-Box? Is it a 12´´ size, so that it should be the same book as in the 7-LP-Box?

5. Toast says:

I got the 4 CD set, great extras and detailed sleeve notes for every single track all beautifully presented BUT… fingerprints and scuffs on every disc! I have never bought a new CD that looked as bad as these. Carefully cleaned the fingerprints off before playing but the other marks are a huge let down.

6. Chris Barker says:

Definitive review of this release by Michael Fremer – Analog Planet: https://youtu.be/Vo_kxHdvKEA

7. Tobias Panwitz says:

Has anyone found out if the 5CD Super Deluxe is now available in UK/EU?

• Rob Sweater says:

Same question regarding the 9 LP. There is a Tom Petty store at Warner EU/UK. I can’t understand why the big versions are not sold there.

• Rob says:

Adria Petty said yesterday on the wildflowers YouTube live event that you can now order from the Tom Petty store these versions and you won’t be hit with import tax . That seems to be as good as it’s going to get , I ordered the 5 CD version yesterday got the lossless download instantly of all the songs . It was also dispatched yesterday .

8. Jeff says:

Thanks Steve Simken for that latest news… i am so happy to read this!!

For the comment a few earlier from Steven… this may help.

Hers is a Great nuts an bolts article.

9. STEVIE SIMKIN says:

Ryan Ulyate confirmed a few hours ago on the Steve Hoffman forums that the hallowed fifth disc (Finding Wildflowers) WILL be made available as a download to those who purchase either the 5 CD set or the 9LP set. It will not at this time be made available as a standalone and will not be on streaming sites. Various resolutions up to 24/96 FLAC.

• John Kaelin says:

I preordered the 4 CD set and I have not received my physical copy yet. However, the entire set with the 5th disc was sent to me by email today. I was shocked.

• Paul Scott says:

Hi John, that’s interesting! where did you order the physical 4 CD set from? We as a family clubbed together and bought my son the 7LP set for his birthday but as there’s no download code he’s after the best value CD format

• John N Kaelin says:

I bought it straight from the official Tom Petty website. I then sent an email to the support line and they quickly responded with a cool comment about 2020 not being all bad and to enjoy the “extra” songs. Very cool!!!

• Paul Scott says:

Thanks John. My son bought the 4CD set from the TP store and got all 70 tracks as an instant download :-)

10. Mike says:

Hey! This was something I’ve been looking forward for a long long time, but sadly the price of the 5cd/9lp super deluxe is kind of prohibitive. I was really intending to spend the $500 but when I finally decided it was already sold out !. …. My fault for having doubts about the price. If someone is willing to resell I’am willing to pay
    …as someone said, not that I am loaded but it means a lot to me.
    I am considering the 5 cd but I’am kind of bummed, as I wanted the Vinyl edition with the “stuff” , and as with that one I don’t know if the extra cd, plus the book and sticker/patch justifies the $100 increase. I wanted so bad the book illustrations and the 7″ which both are exclusive to the $500 set.

11. Jeffrey Walsh says:

Disappointed the five disc set is a complete ripoff. Price gouging the diehard fans isn’t cool, utter bull****!

12. Steven says:

The original vinyl was mastered from DIGITAL sources.

The ALBUMS BOX #2 was the first time we got “WILDFLOWERS” mastered from pure analogue tapes.

Often, when we hear “Remastered”, they take the master tapes and they create a digital hi-res file and press it from the digital files.

Is there CONFIRMATION (vs. speculation) as to whether these VINYL options are pure analogue? Or cut from digital? Trying to decide whether or not to sell the Albums box to afford the $249 9-LP set

13. Mad Earwig says:

Talking of Tom Petty, a company on eBay is selling ‘The Live Anthology’ With free post at only £17.23!
    Brand new, but I don’t know how many they have

A brilliant 4 CD set of concerts, really nice set at a crazy price.

14. Ex-Oligarch says:

It’s been almost forty years since Tom Petty went to the mat with MCA records over the label’s plan to charge $9.98 list — an extra dollar — for “Hard Promises.”

I can’t help but wonder what Petty would think of the “Ultra Deluxe Edition” if he were still alive.

15. MüllerMüller says:

Hi Paul – any chance that you will sell the 5 CD box?
    I think a lot of people in europe would buy it……

16. RichardL says:

US 7 LP set available for shipping to the UK from WOWHD for £152.93 including shipping and pre-paid customs/VAT. In my experience they have shipped in decent card mailers.

• Nick says:

I just found the 7LP Box set on wowhd.co.uk is £127.44 delivered within the UK but they have Terrible reviews on trustpilot 74% with 1 star out of 5….. has anybody else used them?

• Frederik says:

I used them a couple of times occasionally in the past for CD’s I couldn’t find elsewhere. They charge you immediately upon ordering and it also takes about 3-4 weeks before your item arrives.
        If you can live with the above they’re OK in my experience. Never had to return something or items no arriving. Seems to be the most heard complaint AFAIK.

• Rob Sweater says:

Well, I used to order from them back in the days when they were called CDwow. It took some time, but everything arrived in the end.

That being said, I am not sure if I would order a large vinyl set from them. The items will be sent from Asia and I won’t take the risk that the box set will survive the journey undamaged.

• CraigH says:

I’ve never had an issue with wowhd although delivery can take a while so he prepared to wait longer than you’d expect from elsewhere.

I believe they were bought out a few years ago and the previous ownership left a lot of annoyed customers so a lot of the negative comments may date back to then ?

17. Albais says:

Indeed very exciting news about a GREAT album without any kinda doubt, Would like to get as well the 5 CD edition since i’m a Completist but if wanna get it in time goin to get a good amount of Tips on my Job and right now on a Hiatus due to a Left Eye litle problem ;P

So in case don’t do it will be the 4 one as rhe 3 LP as well since wanted it on Album when came in so that’s a good new as well. But amount all content thing and focused on Extra Compact of Alternate Versions this means that includes the Acoustic one of Only A Broken Heart from the You Wreck me Single CD and the Alternate Radio Edit or Alternate Fade (not sure if same or different ones) from the You Don’t Know How It Feels CD Single as well?

Because then is not the complete one would have to be for sure. Anyway good job again and what a good time coming with that and other ones up as well. Thanks for this great place even if sometimes wath some articles and my account bank starts having serious shakes :P

• RichG says:

Agree Albais. I think the 5 CD / 9LP is too much of a leap for 16 tracks. I am a big completest, but it’s the fact you can get 4/5ths of the CDs for so much less. The CD singles you mention, for the UK, YDKHIF single had the exclusive “Girl On LSD”, but the “House In The Woods” and “YDKIF” were both albums versions. On the “You Wreck Me” single, the exclusives were “Cabin Down Below (Acoustic Version)” and “Only A Broken Heart (Acoustic Version).

The 16 tracks on CD5, maybe as many as 6 of them are available elsewhere in same versions???? to either people who have the old CD singles or people who have bought Live Anthology and An American Treasure which will be most people paying the premium for CD5/LPs 8 & 9.

Finding Wildflowers track list:
      A Higher Place
      Hard on Me
      Cabin Down Below
      Crawling Back to You
      Only a Broken Heart – You Wreck Me single?
      Drivin’ Down to Georgia – live version on Live Anthology?
      You Wreck Me
      It’s Good to Be King
      House in the Woods
      Honey Bee
      Girl on LSD – YDKHIF single?
      Cabin Down Below (Acoustic Version) – You Wreck Me single?
      Wildflowers
      Don’t Fade on Me – An American Treasure?
      Wake Up Time – An American Treasure?
      You Saw Me Comin’

So per jazzmaster’s list:

Finding Wildflowers track list:
      A Higher Place
      Hard on Me
      Cabin Down Below
      Crawling Back to You
      Only a Broken Heart – You Wreck Me single?
      Drivin’ Down to Georgia – live version on Live Anthology?
      You Wreck Me
      It’s Good to Be King
      House in the Woods
      Honey Bee
      Girl on LSD – YDKHIF single?
      Cabin Down Below (Acoustic Version) – You Wreck Me single?
      Wildflowers
      Don’t Fade on Me – An American Treasure?
      Wake Up Time – An American Treasure?
      You Saw Me Comin’

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

• Albais says:

First of all hello RichG and thanks for the reply.

And about your post goin to try a quick response about your words.

First of all about singles CDB is only one listed as acoustic version on the list so the other could be that as well but since is not specified just as the YDNHIF Different fade or Edit if are the same or different ones which still no clear.

About GOLSD since FWF is supposed to be alternate versions could be a different one or not and about if some could be found on AAT if not wrong on the Jeff comment that includes the UCR link speaks about tracks and some are sure differents from the She’s The One OMPS and others not sure right now but here could find it more clearly.

And about Live ones as info says 12 are previously unreleased and other 2 for a club fans only so looks like those can’t be fpund on TLA as u said.

Hope this helped something and again thanks for the comment and to Paul for this great website…

• StuartJordan says:

Yes u bought the cd singles in Florida back when it was ogrinallt out and every disappointed that “Girl on Lsd” not on this set

18. Alan Blevin says:

This was one of the box sets I was most looking forward to this year but the price issues of the 5th disc have soured it for me.The contents of that 5th disc are pretty pivotal to any telling of the story of this album.If they had made the live disc the 5th one it wouldn’t have mattered so much.
    There is no way on principle I will pay the $185 Australian extra over the 4 disc version to get 1 CD.The packaging is ephemeral and I personally place no dollar value on it.To put it in perspective if I bought the 5 disc it would cost me $80 more than what I am paying for the 9 disc Sign O’ The Times.
    The 4 disc for me which is actually at a very reasonable price point.

• Kris says:

I’m an Aussie too and spot on almost $200 AUD for the 5disc set and absolutely agree that the 5th disc should have been live which many of those are already on live anthology too

19. Jimmy Ringland says:

Looks great, but would have been nice if they had included the other 10 songs from “She’s The One” just to have that all in one place.

20. philce3k says:

The leap in price from the 4CD to the 5CD beggars belief.
    $50 for 4CDS
    additional $100 on top of that for 1 extra CD plus a book and a few bits of memorabilia?!!

21. Pete says:

Girls on LSD really should have been on disc 2. It was a b-side that was supposed to be on the album until Warner Bros rejected it based on the song content, so it fits in better with the theme of that disc of being finished songs left off of the album. Disc 4 seems more like an early-drafts disc/alternate versions of songs. Plopping it in the middle of that disc seems odd. Also, I noticed Lonesome Dave, released on the recent American Treasure collection, and noted to be a Wildflowers outtake, is missing. Even though we have it already, for completeness sake, it would make sense to include here on the All the Rest disc (otherwise it’s not really All the Rest, is it?) Other than that, it looks an amazing set, but those two points noted above, if fixed, would have made it perfect

• JD says:

Girl on LSD is not on disc 2 because it was not supposed to be part of the album. According to George Drakoulias, it was just a screw around song that they decided to record on the fly. It was never intended to be a part of the original album. Disc 2 was overseen by Tom and mostly complete how he envisioned it before he passed.

22. Gareth says:

I really would like the ultra set but can’t justify the outlay, so I’ve opted for the 9 LP set from WB. Their shipping costs are much more resonable than the TP store. £202.48 delivered (plus duty) compares favourably to the 7 Lp set from Amazon UK for £215.
    Still very expensive but I’m justifying it with my upcoming 40th birthday! A gift from me to me.

23. Shooter says:

Shipping to UK for the 5CD is $12 cheaper from WB site than TP.com but you get different instant downloads – 3 immediately from WB, 4 over time from TP. And different songs, naturally.

24. Superhoop says:

Never can figure out Amazon’s pricing policy.
    7 LP Deluxe version £132.25 @ Amazon USA, but here in UK that jumps to £214.99.
    Whilst the Amazon German price is over double the price of Amazon USA!!!
    How does that work???
    Also Amazon USA does not ship this item to UK.Shame.

25. Russell Emberson says:

My Favourite Tom Petty Album but as the 5CD is currently not available in UK (unless you pay silly import charges) I will have to go for the 4CD version. “It’s good to be King” is a highlight for me when it was played live

26. Paul Wren says:

After postage/import taxes etc to the UK, the 9xLP Super Deluxe Edition works out at £30 per LP which is not too out of order at all for what will be a quality package. Ordered!

27. Elmar says:

I don’t get it:

Is the 5 cd Version included in the 500$ Ultra Edition or Not ?!

28. Jeff says:

This for me is the one… my all time favorite album with Abbey Road being a tight 2nd place. Ive been waiting with bated breath for this day, it was a pinch me moment this morming.

Paul, I wanted to give you a heads up but i was too busy texting all my friends and pre-ordering the 5 disc deluxe set off of TPs site. I plan on turningvit into a 6 disc set once i determine exacly which versions will be used in the deluxe edioton. From there i will cherry pick all Wildflowers era related tracks from official releases and round put the set. If interested,read this article for a deeper dive into the extra tracks…

I am beide myself.. so giddy… its like Christmas came early for me. Such an expensive week, since literally the day before i finally pulled the trigger on the 6 disc 1 blu White Album deluxe editon. Sigh… bad timing… oh well.

So fun to read the other comments.

Thanks and All the Best – Jeff

29. Brian says:

Oh, boy, what’s tomorrow’s announcement…a U2 box?

Looking forward for this, now to figure out how to pay for it…

• Nick says:

Well I’ve caved in and Ordered the Ultra Deluxe edition and all the other editions….- Can’t wait for the Necklace and Pouch!
      All i need to do now is sell a Kidney!

30. CJ says:

I’m probably going to sound like an idiot for asking this, but was something similar done for Full Moon Fever? Wildflowers cam out at an awkward time for me, and I never really “bonded” with it, but Full Moon Fever was on constant rotation for me when it came out, and I would be all over an SDE of that. Did I miss it? Or has it just not been done?

31. Friso Pas says:

Ordered the 5 CD SDL through the tompetty website and will probably get the 3 LP too, if Chris Bellman cuts the vinyl again.

32. EW says:

I couldn’t help myself and pre ordered the 9lp. Was an emotional purchase because of my connection to it. the higher the price the smaller production run. the normal pressing (3lp) is likely in the 10,000 range and down from there for the 7 and 9lp. Given the super high quality of the previous TP boxes, i think the price is reasonable …

33. Daniel says:

And Leave Virgina Alone was previously recorded by Rod Stewart on his 1995 album A Spanner in the Works. I never find this song recorded by Tom Petty and now I discovered it was recorded during Wildflowers sessions !!

34. Wayne K says:

A bit of a dick move IMHO to get an the extra disc & withhold it. Just put all the music out there. I’m not willing to pay $100 more for an edition Just for 1 CD & hardcover book.

• Mister Stick says:

Siding with the furrowed brow crowd here. Every Heartbreakers fan worth their salt has been waiting for this for years, and now that the curtain has been raised, I’m disappointed to see how the project has been handled. Too many variants, and the far end of the pool is too deep for many to swim – $150 bucks in Covid money is more precious than otherwise. I was hoping to just see Wildflowers presented exactly as Tom originally configured it, 2 records or CDs in the running order he conceived. It’s hard to believe that what we’re offered here over 2 discs is what he presented to Warners… Surely “Wake Up Time” was intended as the ending of the whole thing.

Petty’s friend Jeff Lynne was constricted the same way with an ELO record, Secret Messages. He eventually reissued it as the double pack he originally intended, with a minor difference, I think. Why was that so hard here?

Most all of the great writer and recording artists of Tom’s era pulled the switch on a double record set at some point. Wildflowers, as I understand it, was to be Tom’s entry to that category, something that would give you the feeling of Exile, or Blonde On Blonde, or The River, or The White Album: A magnum at least, if not opus… A great reward for a well-over-an-hour’s investment of your time. The running order we see here makes the 10 tracks on CD 2 just look like bonuses, leftovers, also-rans. It’s another reason to mourn the album as fine art. Instead of a statement, Wildflowers now becomes a bundle.

Look, I never met Tom Petty, so talking for him is a bit folly. But would the guy who threatened to name one of his early records “$8.98” or whatever when his label wanted to sell it for more than that, and who later released a great 6 CD retrospective for less than 40 bucks be barking for this carnival? Wouldn’t he more likely have simplified this, knowing how many already paid for most of the record so long ago? Wouldn’t the point of the release be different?

Also, the tracks like “California” and “Hung Up And Overdue” which were tossed at the She’s The One soundtrack-for no-movie were said by Tom to be embarrassing to him because of a rushed mix. And I believe he said he would have liked to revise the vocals. So, are the versions here a newer mix, maybe one he completed himself later with fresh overdubs? Really surprising if that is not the case, and I don’t expect it is, since no one is hawking this as such.

And the studio version of “Girl On LSD” missed the cut… Why again?

I’ll look forward to the four-disc version, sure. It’ll be touching to hear Tom working at home. But now, we won’t have the delight this autumn of sitting down in front of the stereo with a drink and playing Wildflowers as the dear-departed-coolest-man-on-earth sorely wanted it to be, and smiling at the thought that “Oooooh… I see. it was supposed to be like THIS… gotcha.”

Thanks as always, Paul.

• Mikael Bodin says:

I totally agree. It’s a disappointment and an excitement at the same time. It should have included the intended version af the double album in the same way Springsteen released the River Box Set with the intended single album version. Besides from that the super deluxe version is a bit greedy in price. I haven’t decided yet for the 4 or 5 cd version. The 5 cd version seems not to be available in the EU. So it will be expensive to buy från US i think. (Excuse my spelling, I’m not english speaking).

35. bret says:

I can’t believe there’s no Last Dance for Mary Jane! Anybody know who mastered the vinyl? Is it Kevin Gray again?

36. Chris Squires says:

It’s another one where the maths just don’t add up.
    A triple vinyl LP for £33 and £215 for a 7LP!
    Multiplication isn’t my strong point but.
    Macca did this recently with a £60 bump for a single extra LP.
    Granted the packaging is expanded and the book is better but from £11 a disc to £30 a disc is a leap only the strong of wallet and faithful of heart can make.
    Having said that I’d probably shell out if it was one of my top 5 artists. It’s just a nasty trend.

• Tom says:

I was thinking the similar. $49.99. (£39.99) for the 4CD set, but $149.99 for the 5CD set?? Have I read that incorrect?

37. Pete says:

Straight on it for the 3lp version. I’ve been waiting for a vinyl release of this for the longest time. What an excellent day to visit superdeluxe!

38. Mark Hughes says:

Love this album! Look forward to buying the 4CD Set!

39. Good Luck Seeker says:

What a fecking expensive couple of days!!!

Yesterday the Tears For Fears Box,

Today the Thin Lizzy Box Set.

Then the XTC Nonsuch LP 200g.

Then The Doors Morrison Hotel 50th Set.

Now the long awaited Wallflowers Box Sets, from the late greatly missed Tom Petty. I decided I had to get the Ultra-Deluxe LP set. Fecking card declined, card company all gone home! Only something like 475 Ultra Boxes probably gone by the time I get my card sorted. Probably declined because of the cost although I had no issues 12 months back ordering the Woodstock Box. I borrowed Mrs Seeker`s card and ordered the 5 CD Set, a lot of money for an extra CD but it`s Tom Petty and there`s only 3-4 artists I would do the same for. Don`t think I`m loaded `cause I`m not, far from it. If one thing the lockdown as done is enable me to save my beer money.

40. Jazzmaster says:

Finding Wildflowers track list:
    A Higher Place
    Hard on Me
    Cabin Down Below
    Crawling Back to You
    Only a Broken Heart
    Drivin’ Down to Georgia
    You Wreck Me
    It’s Good to Be King
    House in the Woods
    Honey Bee
    Girl on LSD
    Cabin Down Below (Acoustic Version)
    Wildflowers
    Don’t Fade on Me
    Wake Up Time
    You Saw Me Comin’

Only 475 Ultra Deluxe copies available.

41. Arthur O'Brien says:

Went for the 5 CD version. An exciting coincidence as just yesterday I was listening to a 2018 interview of Rick Rubin discussing this album and its unreleased material, so I was primed to go for the big set as soon as I saw this. Not into vinyl and I don’t really care about the “stuff,” so I’m not bummed about not getting one, especially at $500. Can’t wait to hear it!

The interview can be found on the “Broken Record” podcast, episode from December 2018, if you’re interested.

42. Hugh Hall says:

Hmmmm, seems there’s a gap in the market for a blog called ‘Ultradeluxeedition’!

By the way Paul, how much time does moderating all these comments take? It’s been so busy here of late.

43. fran hearley says:

No 5.1?

44. Alan W. Elam says:

Wow!!!! I should say it’s about damn time such a pivotal album finally got a standalone reissue of its own! I probably wasn’t the only one who wondered why the 2017 box set reissue of WF was withheld for so long, while all the other titles in those box sets became individually available almost right away. I’d heard something to the effect that TP had actually begun planning out the deluxe reissue just before his death (along with supposed additional plans for a 25th anniversary one-off live performance of the entire album). Also, the word is that, while it was tentatively slated to come out last year in time for its anniversary, lawsuits and other pre-Pandemic complications conspired to further hold it up. I’m not sure how valid any of the above info is, but it would certainly seem to make sense. In any event, I used to have the original 2xLP 1st-pressing. Loved it. And I really wanted to kick myself after getting rid of it, knowing that those limited-run originals now go for UNGODLY sums of money on the secondary market! That said, I personally am not enough of a hardcore fan or obsessive completist to want the expanded CD or LP sets with demos and live versions included. And the Ultra-Deluxe edition is WAY out of my price range. So, I’m thinking the 3xLP set is the one I’ve got my sights on; It’s all I would really need, as far getting the B-sides and previously unreleased tracks cut during the WF sessions.

45. Bill says:

While this is good news, for me the double CD will be plenty. Now, hopefully the powers that be can get to work on upgrading his very first albums. Their time is due now.

46. Jerry says:

4 disc set is the best choice at least for me shame for the 5 disc set 100 $ more! has no sense

47. Larry Davis says:

I first pre-ordered the 4CD version, but then saw the complaints & went over to the TP site to look at the 5 disc and it looks much nicer…not just the extra disc but the book and the rest, the packaging & COA…I’ll splurge on that but the vinyl boxes are too much…I just hope it doesn’t sell out…

48. Mark P. says:

I think I’ll likely be springing for the 5 CD set offered on Tom’s website. It’s got all the material together in one place plus the hardcover book, lithograph, numbered COA, among other goodies. Glad to see this FINALLY getting a deluxe treatment!

49. SANDY COWAN says:

nobody gonna mention the first Cabaret Voltaire album in 26 years? am doing cartwheels here!

50. Andrew says:

Wonder whether the material on the five-disc version will be available for lossless download.

51. Simon Stokes says:

The TP website dowesn’t appear to list the tracks on disc 5 other than to say it includes alternative versions. How do people know then that it includes Girl on LSD? Have I missed something?

• Pete says:

Various other publications are listing the track listings like Variety, Rolling Stone, etc. and it shows Girls on LSD on disc 5

52. Ollie Carlisle says:

Been looking forward to this for years. Shame the 5 disc one isn’t readily available without being vastly more expensive, even before postage/import fees. Will have to make do with the 4cd version but probably not wise to call this set ‘& All The Rest’ when you don’t get all the rest.

Till, glad the super deluxe comes with the handmade bead necklace in a pouch. It really annoys me when l get a handmade bead necklace and some fool has forgotten to include a pouch…

53. Robert Laversuch says:

Would love the five CD set but the jump from 50 to 150 for just one disc is a bit much – so I will settle for the 4 disc set. Especially seeing there are so many releases this autumn – I will be in the poor house yet lol

54. JohnM says:

Would love more details of the 5CD track listing; if there’s any more of Carl Wilson’s involvement, I might just bite.

55. Wim Defoort says:

Are you sure Warner Europe won’t sell the super deluxe boxset? Import from US to Europe comes with high customs :-( I hope they reconsider this.

56. noyoucmon says:

I see it’s represented here in a live version, but studio b-side Girl on LSD, originally intended for the album, doesn’t appear anywhere–once again an example of a comprehensive box not being comprehensive.

That said, I’ll be buying the Super Deluxe.

57. Kevin says:

Yes! Ordered the 4 disc. A little peeved that the next step up was $150 for one more disc worth of content, but I’ll live.

This is turning into one hell of Fall release season!

• Arthur O'Brien says:

The $100 is not just for “one more disc.”

From the Petty Store:
      “The 5 CD super-deluxe edition of Wildflowers contains 70 tracks, 9 unreleased songs, and 34 unreleased versions. In addition to the 15 track original remastered album, the deluxe edition contains the album All The Rest (10 songs from the original Wildflowers sessions), a disc of 15 solo demos recorded by Petty at his home studio, and an additional disc of 14 live versions of Wildflowers songs recorded from 1995 – 2017. Exclusive to the super-deluxe, this edition also includes a CD of 16 alternate versions recorded in the studio (“Finding Wildflowers”). The super-deluxe packaging includes an 80-page hardbound book, an introduction by Rick Rubin (the original producer), an essay by David Fricke, a complete track-by-track, and rare photos and specially commissioned illustrations. Additionally, this edition includes an exclusive lithograph, a replica of the 1995 “Dogs With Wings” tour program, the Wildflowers logo as a cloth patch and a sticker, reproductions of Tom’s handwritten lyrics of four songs, and a numbered certificate of authenticity.

Each order will include four digital downloads prior to the release date as well as the full versions of Wildflowers, All the Rest, Live Wildflowers, and Home Recordings on October 16th.
      Time of Order: Wildflowers “Home Recording” & “There Goes Angela”
      Friday, September 11th: “Leave Virginia Alone”
      Friday, October 2nd: “Confusion Wheel”
      Friday, October 16th: “Wildflowers – Full Remastered Album”, “All The Rest – Full Album”, “Live Wildflowers”, “Home Recordings”

• Kevin says:

I understand.

Ephemera and elaborate packaging aside, it’s still one CD worth of content. Plus, unless the downloads are at least 44.1/16 – if not 96/24 (unlikely), it isn’t worth it to me. I don’t have a ton of experience with downloads being offered as part of a physical purchase, but they’ve always been mp3s. Since the TP web store isn’t specifying the quality of the downloads, I’m assuming that’s what they are.

There’s been no great crime against humanity, here. I’m not railing against corporate greed. I’m perfectly fine with the 4 disc set.

58. Paul says:

Is the 5-CD Super Deluxe boxset exclusive only to Perry’s website?

59. Pete says:

I don’t usually spring for big lavish sets of just one album but Tom Petty, for me, is the artist/songwriter above all others – above McCartney, Dylan, Jagger/Richards, Zeppelin, The Who, Queen, Lightfoot, Prine, Waits, Young, Prince, etc etc. Petty is king and it’s good to be king. Ordering that 5 cd super deluxe day one. – a 25-year-old music fan

• Nick says:

I Totally Agree – Tom Petty is head and Shoulders above all others! A true Genius

Does anybody know if the 9 LP Super Deluxe is Being offered anywhere in the UK? I’ve Pre Ordered the 7LP, 4CD, 3LP and 2CD – I can’t just justify the price on the Ultra Deluxe at $500 plus shipping plus Import but £250 within the UK for the 9LP Super Deluxe i could ….. if i could find it for sale !
      Record store Indie Exclusive maybe???

• STEVIE SIMKIN says:

I’ve done a lot of digging on this and sent some emails and tweets to Warner Europe with no success. I am 99 per cent sure the super deluxe is going to remain a Warner US and TP site exclusive. Once Warner Australia put their sets up for sale (with no super deluxe options) I gave up and ordered from Warner US (cheaper shipping than TP site).