Travis / Good Feeling reissue

Travis / Good Feeling vinyl reissue

Debut album reissued on vinyl

Travis‘ debut album Good Feeling will be reissued on vinyl, in April, by Craft Recordings.

The 1997 long-player was produced by Steve Lillywhite and features a sizeable FIVE singles (‘All I Want To Do Is Rock’, ‘U16 Girls’, ‘Tied to the 90’s’, ‘Happy’ and ‘More Than Us’) all of which made the UK top 40, with ‘More Than Us’ becoming their ‘breakthrough’ hit, peaking at number 17 in the spring of 1998.

Good Feeling was later reissued with a different (and rather dull) front cover but this new vinyl edition reverts to the classic sleeve and with original packaging replicated (including the ‘thank you’ fan faces montage). This is a newly cut pressing from the original vinyl master.

Travis frontman Fran Healy remembers these early years well: “In December 1996, just out of Woodstock in Upstate New York, Travis assembled in the legendary Bearsville Studios with the legendary producer Steve Lillywhite to begin recording their debut album Good Feeling. Hailed at the time as one of the debuts of the year by the legendary music critic Andy Gill, Good Feeling is us at our rawest. We’re extremely happy to be reissuing it on vinyl for you all.”

Good Feeling will be reissued on 180g vinyl on 2 April 2021. An limited edition ‘indies-only’ red vinyl pressing will also be available. The official band store has some vinyl/T-shirt bundles available.

Travis

Good Feeling [VINYL]

Travis / Good Feeling vinyl reissue

Side A
1. All I Want to Do Is Rock
2. U16 Girls
3. The Line Is Fine
4. Good Day to Die
5. Good Feeling
6. Midsummer Nights Dreamin’

Side B
1. Tied to the 90’s
2. I Love You Anyways
3. Happy
4. More Than Us
5. Falling Down
6. Funny Thing

18 responses to Travis / Good Feeling reissue

1. Albert says:

Didn’t John Squire create the words filled surfboard?

2. Simonf says:

Based on the strength of those early singles, I bought this album on vinyl first time around (certainly did not have a gatefold sleeve), and whilst side one was perfectly fine, side two was crammed full of dreary ballads, each one more miserable and depressing then the last. I played the album twice before junking it…
    Have never touched another Travis record since.

3. Ryan says:

Original gatefold? I (believe) have an original copy and it’s definitely not gatefold. Hmm. Has anyone here got a gatefold original? Was I duped?

4. Frank says:

Prefer to have a deluxe edition CD release, as not interested in vinyl.

5. John MC cann says:

Legendary!,, Fantastic Paul,, I really can’t stand Fran Healy!, Or Robbie Williams or Tom jones,,yep iv had a bad day

6. Paul Wren says:

Easily their best album – I can’t understand why they didn’t make more in the same vein rather than going down the sentimental ballad route etc. Still got my original vinyl copy so not this time for me.

7. Martin Power says:

Managed to order a red vinyl last week – I think they are really limited and Rough Trade are def out of stock

8. MRN says:

A bit pity they have not turned their distortion pedals as loud ever since…

9. Bill says:

I believe that “Lilllywhite” should only have three “Ls” in it. :-)

10. Normand says:

Last Thursday, I received emails from The Sound Of Vinyl, uDiscover Store and the official Travis store regarding this reissue, and specifically the red vinyl one. I quickly visited Travis & uDiscover, but pre-order for this great color vinyl was already sold out. I succeeded to buy a red copy via TSOV and received an order confirmation that the LP will be ship on 2 April 2021. Hours later, Rough Trade send me the same email and I have a look on the site to see that pre-orders for the red one was Sold Out! Wow! I was feeling lucky to have managed to get one… Color vinyl is «cool» and Travis too

11. Benedikt says:

Is there any chance to get the red vinyl (if possible outside UK)? Seems to be sold out at Rough Trade and elsewhere. :(

12. graeme ewan says:

1998 Paul, not 1988. unless i am missing years which is v possible!! saw at T in the Park in the 2000 perhaps?