Wham! / Last Christmas white vinyl 7″

Wham! / Last Christmas white vinyl LP

The limited edition reissue is now more widely available

As mentioned in last week’s Saturday Deluxe, Wham!s Last Christmas is being reissued as a seven-inch white vinyl record.

The single features the standard single version of the festive favourite with the original B-side (actually an AA side, of course) which is an edit of the remix of ‘Everything She Wants.’

At first, this release appeared to be only available via Sony’s own website, but it has now become more widely available and you’ll now find it on Amazon in the UK and the like. This is welcome as the shipping charges on the official store were very high. This edition is is described as ‘strictly limited’ although no actual numbers have been revealed.

Last Christmas is released on 13 December 2019.

Wham!

Last Christmas [VINYL]

1. Last Christmas (single version)
2. Everything She Wants (remix/edit).

25 responses to Wham! / Last Christmas white vinyl 7″

1. DonnieBiscuits says:

I love the fact they’ve used a standard Epic label instead of a tacky picture label.

2. Narendra Kumar Alambara says:

Tried ordering from Amazon UK and Amazon Japan – And both are not shipping them outside their region. Any other marketplace shipping it to India?

3. Phil Fogel says:

$20 Canadian with shipping isn’t too bad but still pricey for a 7″ single, however I’ve pre ordered vinyl from Amazon Canada on UK releases only to be burned, it gets delayed for months with new release dates and then I’m told it’s no longer available, this happened with Kylie’s green vinyl for her Step Back In Time set. A releases date of December 13th seems late to arrive in time for Christmas, especially if it’s coming from the UK.

4. MusicFan says:

Like others have said, time and time again, how many times do we have to say in chorus, ”lost opportunity.” !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This year sees the 25th anniversary re-issue of THAT song by Mariah Carey!

For her fans the reissue includes;

7inch (with pop-up gatefold Christmas scene)
    12inch (with cut-out Christmas decorations)
    CD single
    Cassette (x2, one in red and one in green)

So Mariah fans are spoiled for choice yet the 35th anniversary of an absolute classic gets a cheap (yet expensive) and nasty 7inch white vinyl which may or may not replicate the original gatefold sleeve.

The 2014 reissue was disgusting! It was sooo thin it should have been called a flexi-disc!

My favourite reissue has to be the Japanese 2004 CD which has great artwork and obi.

• John McCann says:

Really spoiling me mate,a choice of different colours of cassette,

• Dan says:

You forgot the expanded 2CD deluxe edition of Mariah’s Christmas album with an entire second disc of unreleased material, remixes, recent stand alone Christmas singles etc.

5. PChris says:

No problem with shipment to The Netherlands

6. Aaron says:

When oh when will we see a complete Wham box set??

7. Cindy says:

Originally ordered it from the official web store and checked out Amazon to see how much I overpaid but then saw that they won’t ship it to the US. At least I hD no choice but to over pay, LOL.

8. Inge Kjetil Bratset says:

Ah, brings back a lot of good memories. Were a big Wham fan back in the day. Bough two copies of the single, both the regular one, and a special version with a big poster in it. Still think I have them tucked away somewhere even today.

9. AKICKUPTHE80S says:

Thanks for the update on this. I refused to pay the inflated P&P from the official webstore so I’m glad that I can get it from Amazon with free delivery.

10. totorororo says:

This item does not ship to Taiwan

11. pinkfloyd says:

regret to announce…
    amazon uk
    “This item does not ship to _________.”
    fill in your country outside uk :(

• Steven Campbell says:

Yep! Happened to me when I looked at this and I live in Northern Ireland which is part of the UK! Same thing happened when I tried to order the half speed mastered version of everything but the girl’s walking wounded album.

12. Shane says:

Amazon uk does not ship this outside the uk

13. MARK LEVY says:

I might just get this one

14. Chris Squires says:

This is my history. My growing up, my best Christmas at the end of my best year. One of my favourite songs ever. I love George Michael, particularly the Wham! period. I love Vinyl, I love Collecting. I had the original on vinyl several times over in various guises.

Yet somehow I am out. This could have been made interesting with the slightest of thought. But, alas, white vinyl was as far as the thinking got. I know it is an over-worn phrase here on these pages but it is the definition of “missed opportunity”.
    Different cover? There were lots of out-takes from that session.
    Different mix?
    Different B-side?
    State the edition number (that old chestnut). If they made 5,000 it’ll be around all year long if they made 1,000 it would be a proposition. Thinks – Abba – Summer Night City or Happy New Year, two equally uninspiring 7″ singles that sold out in a heartbeat because we knew what the proposition was from the beginning. For me anyway it’s a very sad release. Coulda, shoulda, woulda….

15. Soren says:

A very late release date for a Christmas song maybe you first receive it after Christmas