Grace Jones: Disco Blu-ray audio

grace_bluray

Despite the expensive four-LP vinyl box and the cute three-CD collection, perhaps the most exciting format the forthcoming Grace Jones Disco set is being released on is the blu-ray audio, which is now available to pre-order.

Disco, or ‘The Disco Years’ as Amazon keep insisting on calling it, contains newly remastered versions of Jones’ first three Island Records albums, namely Portfolio (1977), Fame (1978) and Muse (1979). What’s so good about the blu-ray is that for once the large capacity of the format is being utilised and this contains the entire 43-tracks in the CD box – including all 21 bonus tracks – all in glorious hi-res stereo.

All formats of Disco will be released on 4 May 2015.

Note the track listing on Amazon incorrectly only lists the first two albums and bonus tracks. Universal Music have confirmed to SDE that the blu-ray repeats all tracks from the CD box

grace_bluray

3. Tomorrow
4. La Vie En Rose
5. Sorry
6. That’s The Trouble
7. I Need A Man
8. Sorry (Long Version)
9. That’s The Trouble (Long Version)
10. I Need A Man (Long Version)
11. I Need a Man (Instrumental Version)
12. Sorry (Instrumental Version)
13. That’s the Trouble (Instrumental Version)
14. La Vie En Rose (Instrumental Version)

Fame & bonus tracks

15. Do Or Die
16. Pride
17. Fame
18. Autumn Leaves
19. All On A Summer’s Night
20. Am I Ever Gonna Fall In Love In New York City
21. Below The Belt
22. Do Or Die (12″ Disco Version)
23. Comme Un Oiseau Qui S’Envole (Long Version)
24. Anema E Core (Long Version)
25. Do Or Die (Instrumental Version)
26. Comme Un Oiseau Qui S’Envole (Instrumental Version)
27. Am I Ever Gonna Fall In Love In New York City (Instrumental Version)
28. Anema E Core (Instrumental Version)

Muse & bonus tracks

29 Sinning
30 Suffer
31 Repentance (Forgive Me)
32 Saved
33 Atlantic City Gambler
34   I’ll Find My Way To You
35 Don’t Mess With The Messer
36  On Your Knees
37 Don’t Mess With The Messer (Long Version)
38 La Vie En Rose (Short Version)
39  Do Or Die (Short Version)
40  Comme Un Oiseau Qui S’Envole (Short Version)
41  Am I Ever Gonna Fall In Love In New York City (Short Version)
42  On Your Knees (Edit)
43  Don’t Mess With The Messer (Edit)

9 responses to Grace Jones: Disco Blu-ray audio

1. Patrick says:

I wish Universal had included “Anema E Core (Long Version)” on the vinyl box bonus disc. I’m sure it’s too late for them to change it at this point, but maybe they would consider it for future pressings… Maybe SDE could ask them. To me, it would be perfect with the addition of that one track. Especially since you indicated that one of the tracks included is nothing more than the album version (I can’t recall which one right now)!

2. Wayne says:

Can’t describe how exciting this is. Cancelled the CD’s and ordered this immediately!

3. FINALLY!

I was twiddling my thumbs over the vinyl (still might, if I feel flush after all these damned Easter bargains you keep linking to!) but this is the ideal solution. Hope it’s the first of many such issues and, wherever possible, with 5.1 mixes!

(C’mon, you didn’t think I’d let this slide without a 5.1 comment, did you? ;-) )

4. Nick Reymann says:

Is it me, or is the Blu-Ray artwork a really bad cut-and-paste job over the Velvet Underground’s White Light/White Heat cover?

5. Pingback:Saturday Deluxe / 28 March 2015 | superdeluxeedition

6. Ray judson says:

Nice to see! Reminds of what they did with The STONES Grrr set. Is that Who Hits 50 Blu-Ray still in the pipeline????

7. massflip says:

Im enraged that extended versions of La Vie En Rose and Am I Ever Gonna Fall …. were not included!

8. LedMan says:

although I’m not really interested in this release, I’m glad that Universal is finally listening to what potential buyers want and that’s Blu Ray Audio discs loaded with material. Most all of the previous HFPA discs from Universal only included the original album tracks from 1 album. There were some exceptions which included bonus tracks but overall most didn’t. Although many potential buyers only want 5.1 releases, I’m OK with both 2.0 and 5.1 releases depending on sources used and remastering. Sound quality is the most important reason I would consider buying future releases. The amount of content is the 2nd.

9. Billy Dojcak says:

I’m still waiting for the rest of the Compass Point reissues. The Nightclubbing bluray is great.