Out This Week / on 16 November 2018

Jean Michel Jarre / Equinoxe Infinity

Jean Michel Jarre / Equinoxe Infinity

Fleetwood Mac / 50 Years: Don’t Stop

The Music From Bagpuss / Limited edition ‘shop window’ die-cut vinyl

The Rolling Stones / Beggars Banquet 50th anniversary edition

Chris Cornell / 4CD box set

Mark Knopfler returns with a new album ‘Down The Road Wherever’

David Bowie / Breaking Glass Live EP / 40th anniversary 7″ picture disc

Lulu / Decade 1967-1976 / signed 5CD box

Lulu / Decade 1967-1976 / 5CD deluxe

Rolling Stones / Voodoo Lounge Uncut

Judie Tzuke / Full Moon: The Complete Collection / 24CD deluxe set

Fun Lovin’ Criminals / 100% Colombian / new white vinyl pressing

Eurythmics / We Too Are One and Peace (vinyl reissues)

Sony’s Eurythmics‘ vinyl reissues were announced a year ago and the programme is complete this week with We Too Are One and Peace. These have been excellent quality and excellent value. Let’s hope ‘relations’ with the label are such that we might see some box sets with expanded archive content in the next few years. Universal never did do a non-RSD version of 1984 (For The Love Of Big Brother). Read the SDE interview with Dave and Annie Read more

Paul Heaton / The Last King of Pop

The Last King of Pop is a new pithily titled compilation that features 23 songs from throughout Paul Heaton‘s career, including with the Housemartins, the Beautiful South and his work with Jacqui Abbott.

Paul Heaton

The Last King Of Pop - CD

HMV uk 6LP coloured vinyl box 9.99

Paul Heaton

The Last King Of Pop - 2LP vinyl

HMV uk 6LP coloured vinyl box 30.99

34 responses to Out This Week / on 16 November 2018

1. Larry Davis says:

Ended up pre-ordering both Kate CD boxes, both arriving beginning of December, the 5th or so, as well as the Fleetwood Mac because of the price…I did order the 2CD reissue of the Posies amazing 1996 masterwork “Amazing Disgrace” because the one store I saw that was carrying it only had 1 copy, and I forgot to look for it, but it’s fine because Amazon had it 5 bucks cheaper anyway…what I actually bought instore, new release-wise, was the 4CD Chris Cornell box (the SDE with the DVD and big book was just way too expensive, and the 4CD square box was fine enough and the design is really cool with the mountain/city O-card around it), the new Good, Bad & Queen “Merrie Land”, and surprisingly, the new album by my schoolmate Mariah Carey called “Caution”…major guilty pleasure she is, and it’s short but a pretty good record!! Also caught up with the Semisonic reissue and the single disc Soft Cell collection…both a companion piece and warmup to the big box…

2. Graham says:

Anyone been listening to new Kate Bush boxset.

I found so far one song that is different

Jig Of Life on my 1997 version is 4:17 and has various sounds afterwards.

On the new boxset version it is 4:04 and stops, and goes straight into the next song.

Anyone found anything yet

3. Larry Davis says:

Turns out I got my money back a day earlier, so I preordered both Kate Bush boxsets as the prices were good…looked at Amazon Canada on Box 1 first, but the price jumped from 45 to 77 CDN, yikes, and the US one was $84, so first i hit Amazon UK and it was $73US, better, but then I saw Amazon Italy was even better at $62US with VAT removed and shipping… Then with Box 2, strangely, Amazon US was best at $91, while UK was $110 and Italy even more…question is, I’m on Prime and would get it on release day, November 30, which will arrive first, 1 or 2?? Or the same day?? We’ll see…happy to get the Kate boxes soon in the end…

4. Larry Davis says:

I had the Lulu box and deluxe Fleetwood Mac on preorder but had to cancel them because my debit card was hacked over the weekend, and with the holiday, the cash wouldn’t get back to me till Thursday, which is too late with the way preorders are charged…I wouldn’t have enough to cover them…sucks…but the FM would prob be in Newbury for the preorder price anyway, and I did hear from a friend that certain places will have the Lulu for almost as low as the preorder I had to give up…I do wonder how much Newbury would have the Kate Bush Box #1 for though…if a good price, I will spring for it right then and there…

5. Paule says:

Queen: A Night At The Odeon – Hammersmith 1975 (Limited-Super-Deluxe-Edition)
    at jpc or wom for EUR 54,99
    Best Price?
    Great Deal!!!!

6. Stan Butler says:

Looking at the paltry four Housemartins tracks on the Paul Heaton compilation had me thinking. Surely a definitive Housemartins box is well overdue after all these years. The two albums, the 7″ and 12″ tracks, the complete BBC sessions (including the Fish City Five) and a round up of various other unavailable on CD tracks. The promo videos, TOTP appearances and the Tube “Were Not Deep” film would make a smashing DVD/BR.

7. Kev says:

Judie Tzuke Box Set has been put back until Friday 23rd November now

8. TMT says:

Curious that I cannot find JMJ on Amazon.ca, nor the forthcoming HoJo reissues. I can understand some since they are just new (Simply Red, Gary Numan). They even cancelled my advance order of Echo & the Bunnymen’s “Stars The Oceans & The Moon” only to now apparently have it. Recent Erasure releases had the same fate. Frustrating since there are not a lot of options for ordering in Canada and buying from amazon.com us painful with the exchange rate.

9. Tim says:

I only ordered Fleetwood Mac on cd (standard & deluxe edition). For Beggar’s Banquet the new Japanese sacd … and 24bit download from qobuz … if available. For Kate Bush probably part 1 or 24bit downloads if available?

You completely forgot about the Fleet Foxes box set released last week. Any chance for review?

This Mortal Coil cd’s for december?

Will Music On CD do also deluxe box sets in near future? Sacd? Love the few vinyl reissues I got from Music on Vinyl. I assume it’s the same company?

10. Craig Hedges says:

I’m really excited about Jean-Michel Jarre Equinoxe Infinity, based on the tracks previewed so far this is looking like his best album since Rendez-vous.

11. Nigel D Day says:

Oh, how I hope those KB masters are good.

12. Danimal73 says:

What’s going on with that Toto All In box set release?

13. CJ says:

I have been itching like crazy for the Kate box to come. Ordered it from Amazon.Ca, because it was much cheaper than getting it domestically in the US. Means I’ll probably have to wait a few extra days, but worth the savings, even if the wait will make me insane.

• James W says:

I did the opposite. I ordered The Beatles “White Album” box from Amazon US because it was cheaper. But now, I have to wait until early next week for it. I know how you’ll feel. ha! But, I got the Kate Bush box from Amazon Canada, so I won’t have to wait as long for that. Except that we have a rotating nation-wide postal strike going on right now. Hopefully it stays as a rotating one. That could also affect you. Yikes!

• Derek Langsford says:

Can you let us know if the Amazon.ca box set is made in Canada, USA, or EU when it comes?

I have both sets on order from both Amazon.ca and UK but am hoping that Amazon.ca are selling the EU-made set so I can cancel the UK set and save some money.

• James W says:

On the product page it lists the label as Parlophone – UK. I would expect that is correct. I see that box set Part 2 has gone up around $25 CDN. Part 1 is still the same. I don’t even have an estimated shipping date yet and it’s release is days away. That’s concerning!

• James W says:

It just arrived. And it is made in the EU.

14. Michael says:

I am in for the new album from The Good, the Bad & the Queen this week! (Damon Albarn, Paul Simonon, Tony Allen, you know…).
    The new Zaz album comes out this week, also, for the francophiles. And Eno has half-speed vinyl remasters of his 70s ambient works coming out this week too. Those are my interests this week.

15. Tim-Meh says:

Ok, I know it was released last week and it slipped me by until the weekend, but the EP by Boygenius is excellent – Phoebe Bridgers/Julien Baker/Lucy Dacus supergroup (hate that term) out on 12” vinyl on Matador. There was a tri-coloured vinyl released which has long since sold out but if you’re lucky enough to see them on their US tour you can get a spattered vinyl at the shows.

16. Joseph Bartram says:

also good the bad and the queen on multiple formats.

17. Aaron says:

Roy Orbison with Philharmonic Orchestra Unchained Melodies also our this week

Pretty decent track list too

Unchained Melody
    Danny Boy
    Too Soon to Know
    Careless Heart
    California Blue
    Heartbreak Radio – Roy Orbison, The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra & Cam

18. Dean says:

Nothing for me this week, which is a good thing since the industry is busy releasing so much quality stuff lately – usually in big boxes – with some regularity. :D

19. Chris Squires says:

I didn’t know about that Paul Heaton release. It looks superb and they really have got it all right back to the early Housemartins. It kinda reminded me of Paul Carrack Collected, when you listen you realise you do know them all but just never put two and two together.

“Oh, that’s him……..”

20. Geert De Wilde says:

The ‘Last King Of Pop’ LP is £10.00 cheaper in the UK on the official Paul Heaton website – and that includes shipping and his signature! https://shop.virginemi.com/paulheaton/